The History Of St Luke's Houses Of Parliament

In 1877, after much argument with the Charity Commission and with vigorous objections in the House of Commons from both parish vestries, an Act of Parliament was passed setting up a new charity called the Joint Gift Estates for the purpose of owning the land and distributing those funds which were not specific to either parish. From this date the division of the income was not disputed.