St Luke's Trust is a financially robust London charity with a strong balance sheet and annual turnover of £2.0m+
Governance at Our London Charity
St Luke’s Trust is a financially robust London charity with a strong balance sheet and annual turnover of £2.0m+. Like many well-run charities, we generate income from a wide variety of sources including fundraising, service contracts, catering and room hire.
Just over a third of our funding comes from our historic endowment entrusted to us by generous benefactors hundreds of years ago who. See history for more information.
Our Annual Report & Accounts are available to download as PDFs.
- 2022 Annual Reports & Accounts
- 2021 Annual Reports & Accounts
- 2020 Annual Reports & Accounts
- 2019 Annual Reports & Accounts
- 2018 Annual Reports & Accounts
- 2017 Annual Reports & Accounts
- 2016 Annual Reports & Accounts
- 2015 Annual Reports & Accounts
The full set of signed accounts and reports have been lodged with the Charity Commission. You can also obtain a set of accounts from the Charity Commission website.
The Board of Trustees considered the overall strategic direction of the Trust and agreed that the charity’s purpose was to help in sustaining and changing the neighbourhood to be a – welcoming, living, neighbourly community in South Islington for all people to contribute to working, playing and learning together for their mutual benefit and well-being.
A welcoming, living, neighbourly community in south Islington for all people to contribute to working, playing and learning together for their mutual benefit and well-being.
St Luke’s will achieve its vision through creating a better sense of community which is facilitated by:
- Providing a community centre that is a hub for local people and organisations to work, play and learn in South Islington.
- Providing and enabling services, activities and events that are delivered to a high standard and are open to all.
- Providing a voice for, and on behalf of, the local area to ensure that services identified as required are provided to meet local needs.
- St Luke’s is an organisation that will support everyone living locally and values the benefits of community cohesion. However, the focus of our charitable activities seeks to address the most pressing social needs in the area (including child poverty, unemployment, poor health, and isolation and poverty among older people) and particularly recognises those individuals and communities who suffer the greatest social inequality and exclusion.
St Luke’s is an accredited London Living Wage organisation and pays all staff the London Living Wage across its Community Centre, Central Street Cafe and Central Street Cookery School.
Membership Area -Are You Eligible?
Membership gives you access to a wide variety of events, classes, workshops and support services aimed at making life more enjoyable and easier for our local community, providing services they might not otherwise have access to.
We’d love you to join us!
How It Works
1. Take a Look at the Areas We CoverYou can pay for your membership through this website, or you can contact us Click Here.
2. Become a Life Time Member for just £5Look through our activities and events - choose what you'd like to do, maybe something you've never tried before!
3. Enjoy Your Membership Benefits!We look forward to welcoming you at the Centre when you come in for your class.
Why Choose St Luke's Community Centre
Community is at the heart of everything we do and our Community Centre on Central Street, south Islington, enables us and other organisations to offer services and activities for those who need them, giving access to things they might not otherwise get a chance to do.
Based on 301 reviews
We are driven by seeing our local community thrive, with a wide variety of services and activities there is something for everyone to enjoy. Don't just take our word for it though, we have plenty of testimonials on our website which we encourage you to see.
At St Luke's Community Centre we strive to make everyone in the local community feel welcome and valued. We are an inclusive venue. We are a designated Safe Haven and part of Dementia Friendly Islington.
Please contact us on 020 7549 8181 (9am-5pm Mon-Fri)
for more information on the services & activities available at St Luke’s Community Centre, Central Street, South Islington, London.
How to Find Us in South Islington London
Barbican 10 mins walk (0.5 miles)
Angel 14 mins walk (0.7 miles)
43, 205, 214, 394, N205
55, 243, N55